It is important that you know how to find a reputable talent agent that is right for you. One of the most frequent inquiries that I receive from aspiring actors is how to get a legitimate agent. I also receive many messages from up-and-coming actors who already have an agent but are looking for a new one. They are unhappy with their current agent and need help finding another one. They are looking for an agent that is right for them at the present stages of their careers. Many aspiring actors believe that they will somehow magically get noticed by a top agent. Unfortunately, it does not usually work that way. There is a lot of preparation that an actor needs to do before landing an agent. If you are looking for an agent, check out these following tips:
1. Learn how to break into acting. Learning how to launching your career includes knowing how to seek the right representation for you. Furthermore, be aware of agency scams. You would be surprised at the number of times I have prevented someone from being scammed by someone posing as an agent. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. This is why it is so important to be educated about the industry and know who the key players are.
2. Get training and experience before looking for an agent. It is recommended that you get some training, as well as experience if possible before trying to land an agent. Most agents will want to see some training and experience on your résumé before considering to represent you.
3. Find out how to write a great coverletter. You will need to write one when seeking a talent agent. Know how to write up a great résumé as well.
4. Learn what is expected of you during an agent interview. Do you know? If not, then you need to find out and be prepared for when you do get an interview with a potential agent. Potential agents will also ask you questions that you need to know how to answer. Being prepared can increase your chances in getting an agent to contact you for an interview.
5. Know what kind of actor you want to be. Do you want to be a television and film actor? Do you want to get into voice acting? How about being a theatre performer? Some agents only represent certain types of actors so you need to find out which agents will best represent you.
If you need help finding an agent, then contact me via email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (888) 436-7744 for more information on Actor Marketing Services or to book a Career Consultation. We can work together to find the right agent for you.
*Disclaimer: Talent Unleashed is NOT a talent or employment agency. It is also NOT a talent counselling service or casting office. The company does not promise or secure employment, jobs, auditions, castings, or bookings for actors. Additionally, taking a workshop with an industry expert, using a marketing service, or career consultations are NOT a guarantee of future employment. Workshops and services provided by Talent Unleashed are solely to help actors to increase their chances of succeeding in the entertainment industry. Starting an acting career is not an easy endeavour to pursue. As an actor, it is your responsibility to do all that you can to succeed in the entertainment industry. However, with hard work, determination, and motivation from your mentors, you can achieve your acting dreams.